Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hockey Night in My Basement

So it was my birthday recently and I was able to celebrate it in the best way I could have ever imagined. I'm going to the Leafs home game at the ACC against Buffalo tomorrow night as a present from my girlfriend and out of excitement for the game she decided to create a faux-ACC in my basement for last night's game against Boston. She banished me to the living room sitting me in front of the TV with NHL 10 and a beer (Mill St. Tankhouse) while she went to set up her surprise for me. To be honest, I had no idea what was going on at his point but I had nothing to complain about, right? After about 40 minutes I was summoned to the basement and as I walked down the stairs I heard the old Hockey Night in Canada theme song playing. When I got to the bottom of the stairs and looked around my basement I saw what she had planned. She had put up banners showing where us to our seats for the night (the couch, or what she called the "Platinum Section"). She also made a fake-concession stand that had beer and hot dogs for our game dinner. Last but not least, the icing (hockey pun intended) on the cake was to see her standing between the couch and TV in a gorgeous blue Leafs jersey. Could life have gotten any better?
Well actually, it could. The Leafs won. She bought me a Leafs Xmas Stocking with different kinds of beer and chocolates and other delicious treats. She let me fill her ear with ridiculously obscure hockey facts. So pretty much, this was a post fully dedicated to showing off how great it is to 1) have a girlfriend who's a Leafs fan and 2) be able to say I'm going to see the Leafs live tomorrow.
How's that for a perfect Holiday Season!
Go Leafs Go
Bone

No comments:

Blog RSS/Atom Feed Aggregator and Syndicate